WRTA’s Advisory Board approved services changes, to go into effect on August 24, 2013
Board Action ItemVoted the WRTA advisory board approves the following changes as recommended by the administration:
- Re-routing of routes, 1, 5, 15, and 16 (all in bound trips) via Franklin St.,
- Rt. 2 will become a separate route extended to upper Pleasant St., Sunnyhill Dr. and Worcester Airport with sixty (60) minute headways,
- Re-route 4, 11, 22 and 42 (outbound trips) from hub through Washington Sq. and Foster St.,
- Route 6 would terminate at Tatnuck Sq. and it will be interlined with Route 30,
- Re-route 8, 18 and 30 from Major Taylor Blvd. to Main St. and re-route Rt . 30 to Major Taylor Blvd.
- Terminate Rt. 14 at Showcase Cinemas North
- Increase the headway on Rt. 19 from twenty-five (25) minutes to thirty (30) minutes, interline it with Rt. 23 and short turn peak period trips at Apricot St. and Goddard Memorial Drive.
- Route 24 trips into Seabury Heights and Greenhill Towers to be identified as Rt. 24A; all other trips to be identified as Rt. 24,
- Add additional time to trips on Rt. 26 between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.,
- Connect Rt. 27 with Rt. 5 and re-route segment of route in Auburn from Bryn Mawr Av. and Swanson Rd. to Auburn and Southbridge Sts.,
- Extend headway on Rt. 33 to Spencer DPW and eliminate the mid-day trip to Brookfield
- Routes 1,4,5,11,14,15,16,22,23,24,25,26,30 and 42 will no longer stop at City Hall,
- Provide a free shuttle from the hub to City Hall with hours of operation from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.